ADOPTING A CHILD WON'T CHANGE THE WORLD,
BUT FOR THAT CHILD, THE WORLD WILL CHANGE.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Hip Infection

Bryson started complaining of his left hip hurting yesterday. I looked at his incision and it looked a little weepy. I started taking his temp. It was ranging from 99 to 100, but good for me to keep track of a baseline.

Today, his incision was starting to open and oozing lots of sorry but pus. I can't stand that word nor the actual stuff...gag!!! I will spare you the video that I sent to the doctor and some of my friends that I knew wouldn't abandon me!!!

Our Dr. has decided to first try oral antibiotics, warm compresses and us expressing the pus out as much as possible. We will go for an xray in two days hoping to see the hardware in his hip is fine and not the source of infection as that would be devastating to say the least at this point!

1 comment:

Sammy said...

What a handsome boy. He has been through a lot, but I bet he is a trooper. I know my Cokie is and I've lost track of her surgeries.